LHS Peak Press News

Peak Press

Beyond the Abyss of Space

CGP Grey / Flickr

CGP Grey / Flickr

Cyrus Pelt, Sports Manager

Aliens, are they among us? There are an estimated 250 billion galaxies in the universe and I believe there is life. Here is some proof. What’s slightly harder to dismiss is the ancient evidence. Enter the ‘The Madonna with Saint Giovannino’, otherwise known as the UFO painting. Created in the 15th century, it depicts the Virgin Mary and in the background of the painting, a man and his dog staring up at a hovering disk-like object, that is really familiar. And this painting isn’t alone either, with everything from ancient cave paintings to Sanskrit Scrolls all depicting alien life. A sighting even comes up in the Bible in The Book of Ezekiel. Skip a few years to 1961, astronomer Frank Drake devised an equation by which he could estimate the likelihood of the existence of alien life, taking into account a number of factors including the average number of planets able to support life and the fraction that could go on to support intelligent life. This was then implemented in 2001. The result: statistically, hundreds of thousands of planets should technically exist. Now to the unsolved sightings, there hundreds of registered sightings of UFOs, throughout history there have been a number that have been harder to explain away, from the to 1853 sighting by a number of students and professors at the Tennessee College campus, to the oft quoted Stephenville Lights case from 2008, with over 200 witnesses spotting the UFO including three police officers who remained anonymous, but if you’re gonna believe aliens minus well listen to the guys who’ve been to space and witnessed them, the list of those who have made claims of sightings includes Edgar Mitchell, Cady Coleman and Dr. Brian O’Leary, many also referencing government knowledge of alien existence and cover-ups. Buzz Aldrin has also spoken of his own experience on board the Apollo 11 when they saw something flying alongside them. At first they thought it was the final stage of the detached rocket, until mission control confirmed it was 6000 miles away from them…Finally is the government covering up aliens, while some US presidents have released classified files on the subject of UFOs, with Jimmy Carter famously describing his own encounter, others still have been denied access to classified information on the subject altogether, Bill Clinton claiming to be among them. This has led many believers to suggest there’s a cover up afoot. Clinton has been consistently vocal on the existence of aliens and it’s worth noting his opinions on an ‘Independence Day’ situation too. You know, just in case something happens.