Peak Press

Filed under Showcase

Surviving until Winter Break

%28rhodesj%2Fflickr%29
(rhodesj/flickr)

(rhodesj/flickr)

(rhodesj/flickr)

The three weeks between Thanksgiving break and Winter break are always really rough. You’re reminiscing Thanksgiving break while trying to end with good grades and do well on finals. Everyone is tired and trying to end on a high note, which makes these three weeks crucial. Here are some tips to help you make it to break and end with good grades at the end of the semester.

1. Start preparing for finals NOW-Ask teachers for study guides early and begin looking over your materials to see what you know and what you need to study more. The key to doing well on finals is to start preparing ahead of time because cramming at the last minute never works out well.
  2. Make sure you have all assignments turned in-Every point counts, so turn in every little assignment to pad your grade in case you don’t do well on your final. Missing assignments can really add up and bring your grade down.
  3. Ask your teachers for help-We are so blessed to have kind, hard-working teachers at Liberty who are always willing to help. Ask your teachers any questions you have so that you can get all your work in and be prepared for the final. Teachers are always willing to help you, so don’t be afraid to ask!
  4. Stay organized-I know it can be easy to let organization go by this point in the semester, but you have to continue being organized. It will help lower your stress levels if you are organized and can find all your materials and notes.
  5. Get well rested-It is important to get good sleep during all three weeks, not just during finals week. When you are well rested you can focus more in school, and this is important since teachers will be reviewing important information for the final. Sleeping more can also help reduce stress.
  6. Eat well-It’s easy to grab a bag of chips when you’re studying hard but you need to be feeding your brain power foods because junk food won’t give you good energy levels. Eat foods like almonds, fruits, protein bars, and cheese to help keep you going and power through studying.
  7. Reward yourself-It’s much easier to push through work and studying when you have an award, so give yourself something to be motivated by. Maybe it’s studying for an hour and then watching YouTube videos for 15 minutes or hanging out with friends after getting all your work in. No matter what the incentive is, it will help you stay motivated while finishing your work.
  8. Have study groups-Studying with friends can help make studying more fun and beneficial. Having people around you will keep you motivated and you can answer each other’s questions. You can also play study games. Organize study groups with your friends and people from your classes. You can all meet at a coffee shop and have a fun and productive time while preparing for the final.
  9. Give 110%-It can be easy to lose motivation and energy at this point in the semester, but push yourself to finish strong. You’ve worked hard all semester so give it all you have and finish strong, then you can rest and relax over break knowing you did your best.
  10. Finally, set yourself up for success during finals week– look over your notes again the night before, ask your teachers questions, eat a good breakfast, and get a good night’s sleep. Do whatever you can to set yourself up for success. You’ve got this!!

I know these next two weeks can be hard, but you can do it. Work hard, study, and finish strong. You’ve got this Lancers!