The Musical Pathway

(Valentino Funghi/Unsplash)

Have you ever thought of what you are going to do with your life after high school? An artist? Singer? Whatever it may be, there is surely a college or university for you. Some people care for one thing, and nothing else matters as long as they become what they want to be. For some people it works out. For others, it may not. Here’s a list containing 5 schools for a music-related career.

One of the best schools is the famous Juilliard. They teach dance, drama, and music. Beware though– there’s only a 7.2% acceptance rate, and it has a 4.6 star-rating. Juilliard had a total of 855 students in 2015. Presently, there’s 11 dance, 10 drama, and 11 music professors. It’s located at 60 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY.

The next best college is Berklee College of Music. They have a 32% acceptance rate and a 4.4 star rating! Berklee College of Music was the first school to teach their students jazz, rock, electric guitar, film scoring, songwriting, turntables, electronic production, and more. Berklee College of Music has a Jazz Cat as their school mascot! Way to step out of the box!

The USC Thornton School of Music is known to be the oldest music school in Las Angeles and is among the top one percent of the nation’s music schools and conservatories.among the top one percent of the nation’s music schools and conservatories. also has a 4.6 star rating and a 20% acceptance rate. This college was founded in 1884 and had a total of 1,072 students in 2011. Their students attain positions with major orchestras, ensembles, recording studios and music industry firms and perform on stages and in studios around the world.

Our next school is UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music. UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music has an acceptance rate of 20% and also has 484 students currently in their school(January 2018). They have many different degrees such as Bachelor of Arts, Music History, Bachelor of Arts, Ethnomusicology – Jazz Studies Concentration, World Music Concentration, etc.

Oberlin Conservatory is the last school. Oberlin Conservatory has an acceptance rate of 30% and also had 615 students in 2010. They also have degrees for Business & Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Health Sciences, Security Studies and many more! They teach teacj you to play countless instruments like the tuba, chello, violin and viola!

Music schools can really help you boost your music career skyrocket! They help you expand your knowledge on music and having this kind of knowledge will really help you out in the future! There are many more music schools other than these 5. Like New England Conservatory, Curtis Institute of Music, and so much more! It doesn’t matter who you are! There will be a music school with your name on it’s waiting list because they are waiting for YOU!

Come check out a place in Dallas, Texas where dreams come become reality. 5 students from this school were admitted to Julliard and the school went wild as they all celebrated their admission.