The Educator

A photo of Miss Hoyle, Liberty's new Assistant Principal, hiking by a lake with mountains in the background.

(Kelly Hoyle/Academy School District 20)

Miss Hoyle, a native Coloradan, is new to Liberty this school year. She’s from Ellicott, Colorado (about 30 minutes away from Colorado Springs), and has lived in Colorado for most of her life. She conveys the conventional Coloradoan, as she enjoys hiking, the outdoors, fishing, camping, and is a super-fan of the Denver Nuggets. She grew up playing volleyball and basketball, and as a result loves all sports. In her downtime, Miss Hoyle enjoys spending as much time with her family as she can. She has a younger sister, who she’s very close with. Although she currently has no pets, she wishes to have some in the future.

After attending K-12 in Ellicott, she moved to Greeley, Colorado to attend UNC (Go Bears!). There, she majored in English and Secondary Education. After that, she relocated to Colorado Springs where she taught English at Fountain Fort Carson High School for 10 years, and she was then their Dean of Students for 2. And finally, she was their Assistant Principal for 3, until she came to Liberty where she is currently Assistant Principal.

Ever since Miss Hoyle was little, she’s had a passion for education—her favorite thing is to see students get involved outside of regular school hours, to see them flourish. She was passionate when she talked about the high school atmosphere– how its clubs and activities, sports, dances, etc. come together to create something genuinely beautiful. Especially with Liberty’s unique environment, it can be easy to see how truly special our school is.

With a passion for education like hers, Miss Hoyle has definitely followed her dream. Her story is a great one that shows how satisfying it is to find one’s passion. As Joseph Campbell said, “follow your bliss.”